Each year Canadians look to find ways to engage more in the new National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on September 30th, formally known as Orange Shirt Day.
For more information about Orange Shirt Day and the new national day of observance, read out latest blog post here.
For those looking for books inspired by Orange Shirt Day, we have assembled a list below to get you started:
- The Orange Shirt Story by Phyllis Webstad
- Beyond the Orange Shirt Story by Phyllis Webstad
- I Am Not a Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis and Kathy Kacer
- When We Were Alone by David A. Robertson
- Stolen Words by Melanie Florence
- Fatty Legs by Christy Jordan-Fenton and Margaret Pokiak-Fenton
- Not My Girl by Christy Jordan-Fenton and Margaret Pokiak-Fenton
- With Our Orange Hearts by Phyllis Webstad
- Speaking Our Truth by Monique Gray Smith